This year we’ve two competitions to get your teeth (or crayons) in to. Have you entered yet?
Calling all kids!
There’s still time to enter this year’s colouring competition, brought to you by the lovely folk at Stella Maris School, there are prizes to be won and all entrants will receive a small treat.
There will be two categories in this year’s competition:
1. Children Aged 6 and under
Children are to colour an image designed by pupils at Stella Maris School. Judges are looking for neat colouring, imaginative use of colour and enthusiasm! Download and print the image to colour here: Colouring_competition_2018.
If you are unable to print the image and would like to collect a hard copy, these can be collected from Stella Maris School or Nettl in Heaton Moor.
2. For Children aged 7+
Children are to design an A4 picture based on the idea of the #kicktheplastic in the Heatons. For example, they could draw a lovely reusable shopping bag or create a collage of ideas on how we can reduce our use of single-use plastic in the community. Judges are looking for creative, colourful entries. Entries can be landscape or portrait.
How to enter:
Entry to either category is £1 and this can be paid when you submit your entry. Entries can be submitted in advance of the festival at Stella Maris School or Nettl or can be submitted by 12 noon on Sunday 10th June to the Stella Maris stall at the event. You can also pick up an entry form from Mel on the Jewellsy stall at Heaton Moor Producer’s Market on Sunday 3rd June.
All the money raised from the entry fees will be donated to the Downs Syndrome South Manchester charity
Good luck to all the children taking part, we’re very excited to see your entries!
Calling all bakers!
There’s still time to enter this year’s Heatons Bake Off, which will be held on Sunday 10th June.
This year our esteemed judges will be accepting entries in the following categories:
- Tray Bake
- A Show Stopping Celebration Cake, themed around the sustainable #kicktheplastic initiative in the Heatons
- 6 cupcakes
- Under 16s treat
Entries will be judged on appearance (particularly The Showstopper) and taste. All entries must fit in an 8″ square, except the showstopper which may fit into a 12″ square.
How to enter
- Choose which category you’d like to have a go at (as many as you like)
- Complete the Heatons Bake Off entry form and submit with your entry at the Festival
- Bring your entry to the Afternoon Tea Tent at the Festival between 11am and 12noon on Sunday 10th June
- Please attach a photo of your entry with your entry form, or add a label to your entry with your name and number on
- Pay your entry fee(s) when you submit your edible entry: £2 per adult entry, £1 per under 16 entry (cash only)
- Enjoy the family day at the festival
- Listen to the results from the main stage at about 2.10pm on Sunday 10th June
After the judging has taken place at midday on Sunday, all bakes will then be sold in the Afternoon Tea Tent to raise money for the Stockport Car Scheme charity. If you do not wish your entry to be sold for charity then we would greatly appreciate it if you could please make a donation to the charity fund in order to “buy back” your entry to enjoy yourself.
We are delighted to announce the Heatons Bake Off Competition is sponsored by Claritas Wealth Management, and we’d like to thank the whole team for their support!
We very much look forward to seeing the Heatons’ community creations!
Any questions, please email Mel at firstname.lastname@example.org